[Zope-dev] improving str(REQUEST)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:09:46 +0000

Yes, I think you are right about collapsible trees getting in the way
when debugging.  Where trees are useful is when you don't know what
you are looking for, i.e. newbies trying to understand Zope, so I
think there's still a case for it.

I don't really use it these days, but I used to use it a lot when I
started out with Zope, so I think its main benefit is to newbies
anyway.  The occasions when I do use it are when I want to track down
disappearing cookies, or authentication problems; how do others use
REQUEST, if at all?

Perhaps a switch / cookie which records your preference?

seb

* Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com> [011030 11:15]: