[Zope-dev] delObject errors and aq_base

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:53:26 -0400

> ......................................... Making this change would
> probably produce undesirable results.

Darn, seems like the easy way :)

> I doubt your ZODB is hosed, but it's hard to tell from your description
> exactly why you're not having luck deleting the object. Are you trying to
> delete from the management interface or from a script of some sort?

This is all happening within the ZMI.  One thing I've noticed is this
problem only occurs for items in the root.  i.e., I can add items
in the root folder but I can't delete them. Anywhere else and
nothing goes wrong.  It seems weird to me that within
OFS.Folder.Folder._getOb, repr(self) is '<Folder instance at b54098>' and
repr(aq_base(self)) is '<Folder instance b54098>', so we're dealing
with the same object ... but getattr only works for the wrapped object,
not the unwrapped one ... hrmmm ...

One other thing that I find interesting is that sprinkling other
print '%s' % (self) throughout OFS files mostly show OFS.Application.Application
and <Apllication instance at bd92b8> instead of OFS.Folder

--
John Ziniti
Channing Laboratory