[Zope-dev] delObject errors and aq_base

Kevin Dangoor kdangoor@webelite.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:15:21 -0400

> > I doubt your ZODB is hosed, but it's hard to tell from your description
> > exactly why you're not having luck deleting the object. Are you trying
> > delete from the management interface or from a script of some sort?
>
> This is all happening within the ZMI.  One thing I've noticed is this
> problem only occurs for items in the root.  i.e., I can add items
> in the root folder but I can't delete them. Anywhere else and
> nothing goes wrong.  It seems weird to me that within
> OFS.Folder.Folder._getOb, repr(self) is '<Folder instance at b54098>' and
> repr(aq_base(self)) is '<Folder instance b54098>', so we're dealing
> with the same object ... but getattr only works for the wrapped object,
> not the unwrapped one ... hrmmm ...

Acquisition wrappers *look* a lot like the base object. But, as you
mentioned in your original message, they're of different types. repr on the
wrapper may look like the base object, but it searches that object and all
the way up the chain to find the attributes you're looking for.

> One other thing that I find interesting is that sprinkling other
> print '%s' % (self) throughout OFS files mostly show
OFS.Application.Application
> and <Apllication instance at bd92b8> instead of OFS.Folder

The root object is an Application... I'm not sure what that Folder is that
you're encountering...

Kevin Dangoor
Product Development Manager
Web Elite