[Zope-dev] CMF and 2.4.0

James Johnson tacomabbs@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 12:57:50

>From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
>To: James Johnson <tacomabbs@hotmail.com>
>CC: zope-dev@zope.org
>Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] CMF and 2.4.0
>Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:58:14 +0100
>
>James Johnson wrote:
> >
> > >But hey, why not complain anyway. As I'm stuck with >2.3.x because of
> > >ZPatterns, I'm not going to get to enjoy these changes >for quite a
>while.
> > Well, I'm stuck with 2.3.x because of the CMF ;-p
>
>What?!
>
>The CMF definitely works on 2.4.0....
>
>(hint: learn how to use CVS ;-)
>
>cheers,
>
>Chris

Come on Chris lets not go one below the leader. Not only do you want me to
become a public beta tester, now you want me to learn another tool in order
to pull what is essentialy a service pack?
That statement should read
"The CVS version of the CMF works with Zope 2.4.x"
(hint: have you tried CVS?)
I"ve heard stories of people getting it to work with 2.3.x, but some people
have problems.
  If I remember there was talk on the list about the New Religion,CMF, and
Zope 2.4. Heck it might have been ZPatterns I'm thinking about.

  I've asked a couple of times about the next CMF release, and no answer.
Now your telling me to use CVS.  Zope and the CMF are like Starsky and
Hutch.
Now you're telling me Hutch/CMF is in CVS/Prison and I have to
checkout/parole him to be with starsky/2.4.x

  You have to be a suit to come up with some stuff like that.  We're not
selling Bibles here chris. Although I'd swear Zope can walk on water, we at
least know it can swim in it.

On the for real note thanks Chris for the advice.  I'm on windows and use
mstools for source control.  I plan to learn CVS. I just thought Zope, and
the CMF were a higher priority ;-)