[Zope-dev] Alternative acquisition workarounds

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:46:08 -0300

Hello everyone!

This is my first posting to this list, so, excuse me if im asking a question
that has already been asked by someone.

Ok, lets go to the point:

I have the following structure at my site:

/--

   --/Template1

                      --/header
                      --/footer
                      --/images

		   --/image1.jpg
		   --/image2.jpg
		   --/image3.jpg

   --/Section

	--/Template 2

		    --/images

			--/image1.jpg

And I tried using Transparent folders to make documents using the Template2
acquire Images and Methods from the Template1, but when i use a DTML document
that references "images/something", my document uses the images dir from the
Templates2 and ignores that from Templates1.

Ive seen an example like this in some acquisition tutorial out there, but it
just said that this was hard to implement and shows some example in DTML.

I was hoping someone implemented anything like this in a Python product, or
if someone has an idea of how this could be implemented in Python.

Thanx for your patience.

--
Sidnei da Silva
X3ng Consultoria e Desenvolvimento Ltda.