[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Community checkins for CVS

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 23:52:28 +0200 (CEST)

R. David Murray writes:
 > So, the many small contributions that make a bazaar software project
 > tend rapidly toward high quality, which is one of the things I got
 > the impression you are trying to achieve by opening up the CVS
 > repository, may not materialize under this Agreement.  We'll have
 > just about the same situation we have now, except that there will
 > be more committers and therefore, one hopes, an increase in the
 > pace of (controlled) change.  An improvement, yes, but can we do
 > even better?
I think (and indeed I really hope) that your anxiety is not founded.

  The Zope Contribution Initiative took Python as model.
  There, you have beside contributors a bug tracking system
  where problems can be reported and patches posted to.

  I do not know the details of Python development process,
  especially the legal agreements behind it.
  But somehow, it seems to work...

Dieter