[Zope-dev] RE: Barriers to Zope popularity: Part 2: source co ntrol

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:40:41 +1000

Yes, I pointed these out as the solution in my email.

> > >  2. Source control (by ClearCase)
>
> Well, I just used FS-based CMF skins and python Products
> maintained with CVS to
> control the 'code'. I don't believe 'data' should ever be put
> under the kind of
> source control you're talking about here...

The discussion was about over-the-web code such as DTML, ZPT, ZClasses. Many
sites (including most I've done) are mainly over-the-web code.
I also agree that 'data' should not be source controlled (although I could
see some content management applications where this distinction could get
kind of murky).