[Zope-dev] FW: Catalogs, Imports, and Path Awareness (was Re: [Zope-dev] ZClass Constructor Cleanup for 2.6)

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:39:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> subobjects and calls that.  That's probably the right thing, but it is
> what's causing the double cataloging, regardless of how the item is
> cataloged.  Catalog*Aware objects call into the catalog during
> manage_afterAdd, and I'm sure that the same thing is happening to my "WHEN
> OBJECT ADDED..." triggers as well.

Ah, I get you.  So the issue is with import and manage_afterAdd,
not with import and CatalogAware specifically.  That's what confused
me in your message <wry grin>.  Zope probably needs some refactoring
to fix that one....

--RDM