[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:25:44 +0200

From: "William Trenker" <wtrenker@shaw.ca>
> One design consideration is how much to rely on CSS.  Looking under the
> hood (ie, viewing the source) for some of these "slick" designs reveals
> modest to sophisticated dependence on CSS.  But I think the days of
> worrying how it's going to look on Netscape 4 should be just about
> over.  What say??

Unfortunately not. The biggest web browsers were (one or two weeks ago), in
order of importance:

Internet Explorer 6
Internet Explorer 5
Netscape 4

So if we don't have to care about Netscape 4, then we actually don't have to
care about anything else then explorer. Which doesn't feel right. But then
again, maybe Netscape 4 users doesn't care about looks? :-)

In any case I'm very happy with kicking out all Javascripting. Netscape 4
users can get to press buttons instead. :-)