[Zope-dev] Re: ZMI / JavaScript brainstorm

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:30:21 -0600

On 4/8/02 1:17 PM, "Martijn Jacobs" <mart@eastsite.nl> wrote:

> What is wrong with editing the files trough FTP / WebDAV? I've mounted a
> complete zopedatabase on a directory, and you can edit all files with
> your favorite editor. Why wanting such editing posibilities in a easy to
> use , in everybrowser working interface like the ZMI?

+1.

The ZMI is really good as an object property browser/inspector - good for
managing a huge suite of objects.  It's not the best content editing
environment, and I'm not sure it should be.  For doing quick edits, it'd be
very annoying having to wait for an Applet to reload/refresh every time I
hit something with a "rich text area".

On the other hand, Radio Userland <http://radio.userland.com/> has a WYSIWYG
editor built in for its web based editor, with a preference to disable it.
The editor, I believe, is for Windows IE only.

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com