[Zope-dev] Need to instantiate zclass in location other than current

Max Slimmer Max Slimmer" <mslimmer@veritas.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:49:45 -0700

I have created a zclass and want to create a new instance of this class and
have it be child of some other know object in the tree.
Given that we know the path (url) to the new prospective parent how do we do
this.

A second question. I need to manage lists of these zobjects within other
instances of the same, is there a reason to store the url vs the object(s).
I have has some problems getting back a string repr of the object "<instance
of .."
instead of the object?  It would probably be better for me (the code) to
store objects thus not need to get the object each time I want to call a
method...

thanks,

Max