[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Enhanced MailHost (was: Speaking of 2.6...)

Nils Kassube nika@comunit.de
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:38:24 +0200

Hello Brian.

* Brian Lloyd <brian@zope.com> [2002-04-17 20:29]:

> Ok. I'd like to run the mbox thing by Jim to see if he has any

The product now uses a Maildir-style approach to deal with
concurrent writes. The creation of the file name uses
time(), gethostname() and randint() to hopefully create
enough "uniqueness" in the names.

> reservations about that (writing to the FS, potential effect on
> security, etc.)

The flooding problem still is not solved. For production sites
it's probably a good idea to turn off the backup to prevent DOS
attacks. But for debugging it's a valuable tool.

> with MailHost up-to-date). Chris McDonough is nominally in
> charge of making sure doc updates are taken care of
> (chrism@zope.com). You can send doc updates (or pointers to
> them) to him.

Okay, I'll write it if the okay from the BDFL is here ;-)

Cheers,
Nils
--
i.A.
Nils Kassube

c o m . u n i t   G m b H
online-schmiede seit 1994

http://www.comunit.de/  mailto:nika@comunit.de
Eiffestr. 598           20537 Hamburg | Germany
Fon 040 | 21 11 05 25   Fax  040 | 21 11 05 26