[Zope-dev] PHP is to Perl as Java is to C++

Nicola Larosa nico@tekNico.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:26:17 +0200

> It's unethical to evangelize badly design languages, even if it's simply out
> of ignorance, and especially if it's in the name of job security through
> code obscurity.
> The fact that sombody's invested years in learning C++ or Perl is no
> justification for spreading the disease, when there are better more
> appropriate solutions available for free.

This is great advocacy, but maybe a little too inflammatory, and "spreading
the disease" is going a little too far. Anyway, I mostly agree on what you
said, as most around here, I presume.

The problem is, these points are true from the general point of view, but
are unhelpful, and probably dangerous, when you have to confront developers
already attached to such broken languages.

Did I really say "broken"? ;^)

--
Two witches watch two watches. Which witch watched which watch?

Nicola Larosa - nico@tekNico.net