[Zope-dev] SOAP and Zope

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
24 Apr 2002 17:02:29 +0800

Hi All

I need to start investigating the use of Zope as a SOAP server.

I am not looking for magic as in Zopes current XML-RPC behaviour
but more along the lines of a SOAP proxy to a specific piece of
code that I would write in the zope environment.

I like the approach as outlined in
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/WebServicesForZope, but this
doesn't seem to have had any activity since august.

My main issue is a clear lack of understanding on my part
as to how to integrate one of the SOAP libraries (ie SOAPy) or others
into ZServer, and then give it access to various Zope objects.

I have check the WebServices in cvs.zope.org, but it appears to me
that it is a standalone implementation.

Has anyone tackled this yet.

Rgds

Tim