[Zope-dev] Zope hangs, with processes being idle ... (rather urgent problem)

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno.de
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:21:59 +0200

>  > I have a Zope 2.5.1 using ZEO on Linux, with Apache as proxy server.
The two

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Maybe, you use the "-M" logging and analyse the log with Chris'
> "requestprofiler". You may see unfinished requests.

Thanks! That's what I did. I think I found the problem: I have some Objects
that inherit from Image, and their "data" attribute (that's where the image
data is held) wasn't initialized correctly in some cases. So whenever
somebody tried to display one of those objects, Zope started streaming back
the image data, which made the request hang when the data attribute was
broken.

Cheers

Joachim