[Zope-dev] The remaining spanner in the works :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:40:10 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:

<snip>

Wow! That was very very cool. I look forward to helping make this all a reality
in Zope 3 ;-)

> I'm sure I left a few things out, so ask questions about the unclear
> parts.  It's probably more info than you were expecting. ;-)

Hmm, okay, the only problem I can think that still needs solving is this:
Say you're serializing to a relational database. All well and good.

...until another app comes along and modifies your relational table (pretty
common usecase, othwerwise people wouldn't care as much about the storage layer...)

How does the serializer/deserializer find out something has changed and
propogate this back up, invalidating any cached object, etc?

cheers,

Chris