[Zope-dev] Re: The remaining spanner in the works :-)

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
02 Aug 2002 10:19:09 -0400

I agree with Chris: *wow*!

[re the original explanation]
> I'm sure I left a few things out, so ask questions about the unclear
> parts.

Everything was wonderfully clear, except that the actual mechanism to
convert the nested tuples flexibly to RDBMS record sequences escaped me
a bit.  This probably gets in the realm of "look at the code" which is
what, in fact, I will hope to do.

> It's probably more info than you were expecting. ;-)

Yes, and much appreciated.

[re the solution to Chris's spanner]
> Finally, here's a theoretical solution that I think would be ideal for a
> lot of people: if we could just ask the RDBMS for its current
> transaction ID, Zope could keep track of the last transaction ID it knew
> about, and clear the caches when another process made a change.  This
> solution may yield the highest performance for Zope-centric
> applications.  It would also remove the need for my MD5 hack. ;-)

This does sound good.

Zope3 will rule the world!  ;-)

Gary