[Zope-dev] Zope components and revision control with cvs

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 22:27:39 +0200

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > It's really only a theoretical problem.  To store the extra data about
 > folderish objects, you can save the data in a hidden file called, for
 > example, ".properties".  The theoretical problem is that someone might
 > give an object that name, since it's perfectly legal.  In practice, you
 > can just prevent people from creating Zope objects with a name that starts
 > with a dot.  99% of the users won't mind at all, and those that do can
 > use two dots instead. :-)
The real problem (in my view) are ObjectManagers that are contained
in Non-Object-Managers. Furthermore, splitting/folding ObjectManagers
in the sense that you start/stop managing the individual content.

Dieter