[Zope-dev] PythonWin/Textpad, external import of Zope module and Persistence

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:27:49 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to setup to run with either TextPad, which can run external=20
program like python scripts
and then parse the result and making Traceback lines linked to the=20
line/file where the error occurred.
Or try using Python which has an build in debugger which I like to be able=
=20
to use.

The first problem I encounter in both scenarios is that when a file "import=
=20
Globals"
which in its turn "from Persistence import Persistent", this fails.
Mostly because Persistence is "hot patched" by ZODB.
Is there any smart way to setup a "virtual Zope" environment without=20
importing Zope
(which mounts the Data.fs) or by importing Zope by in a light way without=20
mounting
a storage or just mounting a lights storage.
The only thing I want to do in this first phase is to be able to make=20
syntax/sanity checks.

Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--=20