[Zope-dev] Unit testing on win32 with FAT requires patch to custom_zodb.py, is this a known issue?

Craeg K Strong cstrong@arielpartners.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:27:46 -0400

Hello:

In order to use the unit testing facility for my custom Zope Products under
FAT in win32, I had to do the following:
In the file name::

     [ZOPE]\lib\python\Testing\custom_zodb.py

   Where ZOPE stands for the directory in which you installed Zope,
   Change line number seven::

     Storage = DemoStorage(base=FileStorage(dfi,read_only=1), quota=(1<<20))

   to instead read::

     Storage = DemoStorage(base=FileStorage(dfi, read_only=0), quota=(1<<20))

   My guess is that FAT does not support the read_only attribute as required.

Is this a known issue?  Am I missing something?

Thanks very much!

--Craeg