[Zope-dev] Re: Browser Stop Button and Zope REQUESTs

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:23:10 +0100

On Wednesday 28 Aug 2002 4:04 pm, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> Toby Dickenson wrote:
> >
> > Thats probably impossible if there is an HTTP proxy between your brow=
ser
> > and zope.
>
> Why?
> It seems logical for a proxy to also reset the connection to the backen=
> server when he looses the connection to the client.
> I haven't verified this, though.

By 'impossible' I meant that it is impossible to *guarantee* that the pro=
xy=20
will disconnect in the way that Chris wants. In some cases it will, but i=
t is=20
certainly not required.

Squid will hold on for a while until it has got all the headers, and will=
 hold=20
on indefinitely if it has nearly downloaded the whole response.