[Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:54:43 -0700

For what its worth, a long time ago, with an ancient version of Zope running
on the original W2k Professional on my home machine (minus any service
packs), Zope (running as a service) was magnitudes of order slower after
coming back from a system Hibernate; I no longer hibernate/power-manage
Win2k, nor run Zope on Windows, so I'm really not sure why this was, and
likely will never know.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Manock [mailto:abmanock@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:51 AM
To: zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

>I'm not sure that is the case you know. Oracle 9i Linux is faster on my
>Linux Athlon 800 than the same release on my Win2k Dual Piii 1GHz.
>
>Also my Win box has 1Gb ram, while my Linux box has only 512Mb...

In other news....  Apache is reported to run faster on Linux that Win2000,
as is PostgreSQL. Samba is reported to provide double the throughput of
Win2000 native file services, with half the response delay for client
requests.

>Very much so! On a Win2k with Dual P3 1Ghz Zope runs slower than the same
>install on a Linux box with 1 P133 !!!! (I have tested this on multiple
>different configurations and every time it comes out the same)

This, however, is almost an order of magnitude difference, and may need
further investigation...

Adam