[Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:53:48 -0700

Actually, I believe that NT Workstation ran dynamic web apps better than =
NT
server.  This was because the tuning on NT server out of the box was real=
ly
geared toward file-server type applications.  I assume the case is the sa=
me
with win2k.  At that, I don't think is would be noticeable enough, except
under real stress.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Arndt Droullier [mailto:ad@dvelectric.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 12:13 PM
To: zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: AW: [Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

> This, however, is almost an order of magnitude difference, and may need
> further investigation...
>
> Adam

There=B4s also a difference between Win2000 and Win2000 Server. The Serve=
version is optimised for network and system operations(thread/memory
allocation) and really much faster than the normal edition.
I suppose you will have a magnificant performance difference with Zope on
these two systems.

Arndt