[Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

Martijn Jacobs mart@eastsite.nl
29 Aug 2002 11:28:10 +0200

Hello Casey,

> One thing to remember is that running multi-treaded Python apps on a
> multi-processor box is suboptimal unless you can bind all the threads to a
> single processor, due to the Python GIL.

IOW : Buying a dual processor computer is not so usefull if the computer
is dedicated running zope? And if you have to use a dual CPU computer,
binding all the threads to a single processor increases zope
performance? (If so, how can you do that? :)

> The only way to do a true comparison would be to run the same tests on the
> same app on the same hardware with the same load but with different OSes.

That's true. I was wondering if you guys at zope comp. have any recent
benchmarks yourself with the different Operating systems?

Martijn.