[Zope-dev] find unused objects: hopefully the last misunderstanding... :o)

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:50:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 THerp@apriori.de wrote:
> Consider a tab for methods... which allows to parse them and produces
> a sortable list of links to the other referenced methods...

Good luck <grin>.  You might manage a Quick and Dirty implementation,
but to guarantee you've not missed anything you pretty much have to
run the site as a program, which leads you to the classic computer
science halting problem, I think.  And that still doesn't address
the question of external references.

> By the way, new question:
> Is this the correct mailing list for such suggestions?
> If not, which one is it?

For the original "has anyone implemented" question, probably 'zope'.
For a discussion of how to implement this (or rather the effective
impossiblity of implementing this reliably) this is probably the
appropriate place.

--RDM