[Zope-dev] Re: Collector 697 should be critical!!!

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:11:36 +0100

Casey Duncan wrote:
> If this is critical for you, then you will probably need to develop a patch
> for it in order for it to make it into 2.6.1; unless anyone else wants to
> volunteer. I don't feel comfortable enough with the unicode converters to do
> this.

For me it's critical, but maybe for others too who haven't even noticed
the problem. They loose content everytime someone "Save Changes" on a
PropertyTab with multiple-selects... That's why I'm thinking that this
bug should be marked as critial.

I don't have much experience with the unicode-converters too... that's
my problem for this issue...:-(

Abel Deuring told me a patch, which solves the problem in the meanwhile:

In OFS/dtml/properties.dtml I replaced

  <select name="xyz:utf8:list" multiple>

with:

  <select name="xyz:utf8:list:string" multiple>

It works for me, but I'm not sure, if this is a good approach on this
problem (think of the integers as items for the multiple-select).

-mj