[Zope-dev] Bugfix release?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:13:53 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 November 2002 5:50 pm, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > FYI I'd like to have a 2.6.1 beta out next week. Jeremy is still
> > looking at a few ZODB bug reports - as soon as he's done we'll
> > make the beta.
>
> Im not sure this is a good plan.
>
> Jeremy's sortKey changes look like they deserve a longer beta testing period
> than I would have thought the demand for a DateTime fix would allow.

This whole discussion makes it sound like a more automated release
process would be a very very helpful goal as far as supporting the
community-supported nature of zope.  If such a thing existed, we
could have easily followed ChrisW's suggestion and rolled a 2.6.1 release
with just the DateTime bug fixed.  It seems to me that is an
important capability to have, especially if we want to start doing
"security" fixes as dot releases instead of as hot fixes.

--RDM