[Zope-dev] Infuriating ZClass registry Heisenbug

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:38:21 -0600

More data:

It may well be loading correctly, but it seems to be storing
incorrectly.  I managed to grab the ZGlobals pickle string, and it has
the _zclass_ stored as a plain class instead of an oid.

I copied the commented-out Python persistent_id() in ZODB/Connections.py
into a method called test_persistent_id(), and compared its results with
coptimizations' new_persistent_id.  They matched for everything except
_zclass_ objects, for which test_persistent_id returned the _p_oid and
new_persistent_id returned None.  I have no idea why this is.  It would
explain why the _zclass_es are stored wrongly, but not why everyone else
isn't seeing major breakage.

Argh,

Evan @ 4-am