[Zope-dev] ClientCache and Large Files

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:21:16 -0500

On Monday 16 December 2002 10:53 am, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > We're running ZEO with Zope 2.5.1. We currently have a ZEO Cache
> > (ClientCache) of 200 meg. Occasionally someone will download a 300
> > meg file that completely blows away the client cache. Is there a way
> > to prevent this?

You're best bet would be to put a proxy cache in front of Zope. Zope's no=
t=20
very efficient at serving big static files like this compared to Apache o=
r=20
squid.
=20
> I'm afraid not; this isn't a very typical use case.  You could
> implement a file size limit, or increase the cache size to be more
> than twice the largest expected dowload (the cache is implemented as
> two files, each of which is limited to half the nominal cache size).

I think it would be nice to be able to control cacheability of certain=20
objects. However it smells like a YAGNI, especially with good front end=20
caches that can take care of it.

-Casey