[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6.0 ZMI Problem for CJK(Collector 623) patch.

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:06:55 -0800

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:12:22 +0900
Kazuya FUKAMACHI <kf@atransia.co.jp> wrote:

> But, if it takes a few months or longer,
> I will try to modify Russian patch as an experiment,
> maybe taking in your approach in some degree.
> Is that bad idea?

I believe it's good idea, as Russian patch's approach is a solid,
straightforward and standard way of I18N. Although not
good for M17N, the behaviour is simple & straight so that it's
much less confusing for end-users (IMHO).

Probably os.environ.get('Z_SOMETHING') might be a better way than
locale.getlocale()[1], because using locale.getlocale()[1] means that
the behaviour of Zope will be changed implicitly, whereas
os.environ.get('Z_SOMETHING') is more explicit for the users, thus
less confusing..

Regards,
---
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com>