[Zope-dev] z3 sprint at pycon?

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:34:16 -0500

> Actually, I was hoping that this is how it might fall out.  By
> hook-or-crook, I want to get two of our developers to pycon. The
> possibility
> of a 'web services' z3 sprint would be major icing on the cake
> (for us).  If
> the interest is not there, however, (hard to get a read on that) any
> exposure to a sprint (for us) would be great.  If the interest is
> not there,
> I think we will try and steal a few hours of Brian's busy schedule to (at
> least) begin mapping out a strategy to move forward with his work
> (to date).
> As I said in the past, I will be able to put full-time (long
> term) developer
> resources into this effort early next year.

Sounds like a plan :) I was thinking that a good near-term thing
to do would be to see about setting up a Web Services "SIG" area
on the Zope 3 dev site and start mapping out strategy there. A
good start might be to schedule an IRC chat so that the players
can all get together and agree on some high-level goals, so that
we have some options for concrete things to do by the time of the
conference.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com