[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope/lib/python/TAL - TALInterpreter.py:1.69.6.10

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:21:49 +0200

Andy McKay wrote:
> Collector number 735: http://collector.zope.org/Zope/735
>
> This was prompted by some bugs people found with Plone. For a two character
> fix that to me looked like a simple oversight I didn't bother with a unit
> test.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not page templates should work
this way.

There good reasons to write a unit test in just this kind of situation:

It is only a two character fix. So, someone else might come along later,
and think that those two characters shouldn't be there -- just as you
think those two characters should be there. They could remove those
characters, and no tests would fail.

Also, in a refactoring, this behaviour couild be easily lost if there is
no unit test to demonstrate correct behaviour.

--
Steve Alexander