[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] authenticating over XML-RPC to implement the Blogger API

Nathan Sain njsain@antler.oursc.k12.ar.us
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:02:15 -0600 (CST)

My thoughts as well.  As far as I can tell here are my options:

    I look at the CookieCrumbler last night, and wondered if I can use the
     BeforeTraversehook that it uses.  ZPublisher calls  request.processInputs() before
traversal right?  If thatis so then request should have the args from the XML-RPC message by the time
BeforeTraverse kicks in.  If the username,password pair is prefixed with
'zid' and 'zpw' orsome other recognizable prefix I think BeforeTraverse can pick out the
username,password from request.args and do the auth magic right?
    It may be possible to hijack the SecurityManager with a external
    method, but thisseems dangerous.  Any other ideas?

--

Nathan Sain
Deer High School IT Dept.