[Zope-dev] Zope builds (new Intel C++ compiler)

Morten W. Petersen morten@thingamy.net
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:31:47 +0000

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

Hi,

I've just read an article on open-mag:

  http://www.open-mag.com/754088105111.htm

about the new Intel C++ compiler, here are some quotes:

"[...] On SuSE 7.3, the geometric mean performance for our 34 kernels
soared by 47%. [...] On our Omnibook test platform running Windows XP
Professional, the performance speedup versus MS Visual C++ 6.0 was not
quite as dramatic as when running Linux.  Here the improvement was on
the order of 35%."

I haven't tested it myself (maybe someone else on this list has?) --
if this compiler produces faster code, would it be possible to
distribute Zope packages compiled with this compiler ?

Regards,

Morten

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd--