[Zope-dev] bug in VirtualHostMonster in 2.5.0

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
20 Feb 2002 16:29:25 -0300

Hi guys,

I bring to your attention the bug
"235":http://collector.zope.org/Zope/235 in the Zope collector, which I
just posted.

Apparently VHM is inserting exactly one spurious '/' in urls when the
_vh_folder syntax is used. The problem seems to be in the
VirtualHostMonster.__call__ method at
lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/VirtualHostMonster.py, which has changed
a lot relative to the 2.4.x version, however I couldn't make head or
tails of that algorithm, so I wouldn't know how to fix it.

This problem is seriously hampering our deployment of Zope 2.5.0 on
clients, since most of the time we publish the root of the site from a
Zope Folder and need the _vh_folder syntax to access the real Zope root
for manteinance.

Cheers, Leo

PS: since we're talking about the collector, I'll also plug the other
but I posted there "http://collector.zope.org/Zope/167", which talks
about a problem with SuperFind() and includes a simple fix. It's still
pending...

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.