[Zope-dev] still segfaults, this time no ZMySQLDA

Anthony Baxter Anthony Baxter <anthony@ekit-inc.com>
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:07:45 +1100

>>> Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote
> So, what should I try now?

I've been unable to keep up with email lately (no decent net
connection) but can I ask if you've got a core dump at all?
If so, where was it? Inside the garbage collector, I'm guessing...
If so, what was the object _before_ the corrupted object in memory?
(Had I thought to look at this when I had similar problems, I
would have picked up the stupid stacksize bug much earlier...)
If you haven't recompiled the scripts after upgrading to a working
PythonScripts, you'll still see crashes.

When you run with '-D', do you get a lot of "Script (Python) foo needs to
be recompiled"? If the problem is that you can't recompile the scripts,
why not shut it all down, manually mount the ZODB, and recompile 10
scripts at a time? (This is a not-particularly difficult task - I can
give a sample bit of source if it would help...)

Anthony

It's never to late to have a happy childhood.