[Zope-dev] PDF-specific Bug in the ZServer implementation??? Or just strange behavoiur of IE?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:28:13 +0100

Hi!

This is my first post in the new year, so best wishes for 2002 from Germany!

And on we go with my problem:

I have a ZClass-based Class derived from File. It holds PDF documents. SOME
(not all) of them do not auto-open in Acrobat Reader as they are supposed to
if MS IE 5.x is used. Opera etc. seem to work. The files themselves are
o.k., and opening in Acrobat Reader AFTER downloading (via right
mouseclick/save as) works fine, too.

If the same document that doesn't auto-open when downloaded fom the Zope
server is downloaded from plain Apache, it works ...

The configuration is Zope 2.4.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86),
python 2.1.0, linux2 on a SuSE Linux with Apache as Proxy server (via
proxy_pass). I checked the HTTP header with WGET, and they are identical for
working and non-working PDF docs. The mime type is set to application/pdf

Any hints on that?

Joachim