[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Replacing bobobase_modification_time

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:50:44 -0500

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 09:47 am, Chris McDonough allegedly wrote:
> > I think that a much better approach, if modification time is important
> > to your application, is to store the application modification time in the
> > object as a data attribute.
>
> It might be better to cause common Zope objects to do what Casey proposes
> (maybe via SimpleItem) as opposed to making folks keep app modtimes for
> those and as opposed to changing the semantics of
> bobobase_modification_time.  In Zope2, this would be achieved via a mixin
> named something like Modifiable mixed in to DTML Document, File, etc.
>
> - C

That had been my original instinct, but I wasn't sure. It sounds like the
best way to approach it.

I think this is complex enough so that a formal (if short) fishbowl proposal
is probably warranted to discuss whether it should be part of an existing
mix-in or a new one.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org