[Zope-dev] ghosts of removed products haunting ZSQL Methods?

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 00:05:22 -0500

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>John Ziniti writes:
> > I used to have the Product TrackerBase installed
> > and have removed it.  Now, however, attempts to
> > access the "Advanced" tab of ZSQL Methods is
> > broken because a chain of events attempt to get
> > info about a the non-existent Product:
> > 2) Is this schizophrenic state my fault?
>Probably not.

I didn't think so, but I would think that the code which deletes
Products and their associated ZClasses would be pretty rock
solid at this point ??

>Looks like a bug, you should report to "http://collector.zope.org".

I would, but as a developer myself, a bug that has a symptom
bu no real evidence of a cause is one I wouldn't really think to
look at it.  "My ZODB is broken" is basically the best I can
come up with at this point as a way to explain my problem.  I
can talk all the way in to Zope.app()._getProductRegistryData()
about the way the problem manifests itself, but it happened at
some point over the last ... oh ... three months of development???
It'll get ignored, for sure ... ( no offense intended)

>> 3) How to rectify the problem (Make *all* of Zope
> >     know that TrackerBase is gone)?
>I think this is the right approach.

Yep.  I really just want to try something akin to:

old_registry=app._getProductRegistryData('zclasses')
app._SetProductRegistryData('zclasses')=old_registry[1:]

... but I'd like to hear from the guy who wrote _getProductRegistryData
first before I even try it on a backup-devlopment-Zope.