[Zope-dev] sessionDataManager should create it's temp/xxxx

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:17:15 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:

> OIC.  Thanks!
>
> This patch probably makes sense for some class of usage.  I'm a little
> skittish because I think doing magic (e.g. "if I dont find a data
> container where I said there was one, make one in  /temp_folder")
> might tend to bite folks.  Also, doing "writes on reads" (explicitly
> commiting a transaction in the middle of a request-bounded
> transaction) is probably a bad idea because it might cause half of
> something to be committed inadvertently.
>
> The "right" solution for this is to create some sort of analogue of
> "rc.d/init.d" for Zope where you can hook Zope startup and thus
> repopulate the temp_folder with the separate data containers then.  I
> thought of this a while back but lacked the time to implement it.
>
> - C

Actually, we did have the Temporary Folder have the capability to
automatically import its contents at system startup, but that got tossed
out as being function inappropriate to a temporary storage container by
executive fiat.