[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Big problem.

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:20:34 -0500

Darn.  At this point you can try just hacking off bits of file at the
end of a *copy* of the Data.fs you have by using the trunctate method
described in Itamar's howto.  Start small and just cut off pieces at the
end of the file until you're able to start Zope again.  You might lose
some data this way but at least it will start.  After you get it to
start, and you've lost data, you can also use (painfully slow) binary
search to pinpoint where exactly you need to truncate on further copies.

I am working on preventing this on the 2.5 branch now.

It's ironic that I got on Jeremy's case for something like this not too
long ago. ;-)  Mea culpa.

- C