[Zope-dev] Upgrading to python 2.1.2 and Zope 2.5b4

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:09:57 +0000

Hi all,
I want to upgrade to python 2.1.2 (from an existing 2.1 installation) and at
the same time upgrade to 2.5b4 in the hopes that this combination will fix
the threading problem under Solaris.

Q1: Is this the right combination to use, I've read that I should use 2.1.2
and 2.4.4 (possible numbering scheme). If so, I can wait (but we are getting
core dumps regularly now)

Q2: (and apologies, as this is a more python-orientated question) Can I just
do a 'make install' of python 2.1.2 and be sure that it's not going to make
my MySQL and other modules in site-packages unusable? (sorry if this is a
daft question - I have a *lot* of zope sites using python 2.1 at the moment)

Many thanks
Tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140