[Zope-dev] Testing my product

Thomas Förster t.foerster@biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:14:18 +0100

On Thursday, 17. January 2002 16:02, Chris McDonough wrote:

> > ...[unittesting products]...

> Please read both the Zope developer's guide and the document UNITTEST.txt
> in the Zope doc directory.

Well, UNITTEST.txt is focused on writing unit tests for the Zope core itself.
My experience is, that the instructions in that file not really apply to
unittests for custom Products. To cut it short, it didn't work for me.

I've found another solution, using unittest.py directly, rather than copying
framework.py .... This solution is implemented in the ZOQLMethod Product by
Stephan Richter, so you might as well have a look into that for an example.

> These pages are also helpful:
> http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ZopeTestingGuidelines ,
> http://diveintopython.org/roman_divein.html ,
> http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/pyunit.html .