[Zope-dev] REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER question

vio vmilitaru@sympatico.ca
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:28:04 -0500

* Jens Vagelpohl <jens@zope.com> [020123 15:53]:
> i don't quite understand the problem. there are literally dozens of user
> folder products that let you customize the login process in all kinds of
> ways.

Perhaps. The problem is that I can't seem to make them play nice with my own
code (the few I had a look at). Surely, because I don't understand them.

Also, as mentionned in a previous message in this thread, all I am looking
for is for the few Zope incantations to 'switch' user identities,
and I can take care of the rest. Now I found how to make this switch, using
AccessControl.SecurityManagement.newSecurityManager(None, myUser)
only this switch doesn't 'persist'.
What is my problem then: at this point, to change the data in the cookie Zope
lays on the browser, so it points to the new 'switched' user. In other words,
make a 'persistent' switch.

Furthermore, I don't really need an entire product to do this. Just a few well
placed calls to Zope machinery seems to do the trick.
Less overhead as a bonus.

Cheers,
Vio