[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-CMF] i18n for CMF And Plone, backporting i18n to Zope 2.x

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:48:46 -0400

    SdS> My friend Lalo (lalo@laranja.org) started a rewrite of TAL to
    SdS> make it more pluggable and ease backporting of i18n to
    SdS> Zope2. I dont know how much if it is done right now, but the
    SdS> last time I talked to him, he said that only METAL was
    SdS> missing.

    SdS> His work is available at http://sf.net/projects/collective ->
    SdS> Browse CVS -> Alt-TAL module.

    SdS> I think that the best idea is support him, as he has almost
    SdS> everything in place.

A quick scan didn't show much i18n support there, but perhaps I'm
missing it.

FTR, Stephan demoed the Zope3 i18n stuff at EuroPython and we're
planning on backporting it to Zope2, but for the Zope 2.7 release.

-Barry