[Zope-dev] Confusing segfault for Zope2 head on RH7.3

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:03:36 -0400

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>Working on the Zope 2.7 branch I noticed a very strange crash while
>running the test suite.  I re-checked out the Zope 2 cvs head, rebuilt
>everything from scratch and I still get the crash.  I'm about out of
>ideas so I thought I'd post what I know here in case anyone else can
>confirm or give clues.
>
>[...]
>
>The top of the backtrace is:
>
>#0  PyErr_SetString (exception=0x6e727574,
>    string=0x402660dc "Splitter index out of range") at Python/errors.c:69

On *my* RedHat 7.3 system, I cannot reproduce your problem.

However, you do note that exception 0x6e727574 is ASCII for 'nrut' or
'turn' backwards.
I dont know if that's meaningful or not.  I usally watch out for ASCII
in things that should otherwise be addresses.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/