[Zope-dev] ZCatalogs with SearchIndexes in ZODB - how to fix?

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:44:48 +1000

I've got a Data.fs which has been gradually moved from Zope version to
zope version (it's quite possible that the same Data.fs was originally a
Data.bbb!)

We've been getting the SearchIndex deprecation warning for some time, and
I'd like to fix it - as far as I can tell, it's caused by some ZCatalog
objects in the ZODB that were created back when using SearchIndex was the
hip'n'groovy way to impress the other catalog objects.

Short of manually deleting and re-creating all the ZCatalog objects in the
ZODB, is there a way to get these puppies updated to get rid of the warnings?

Thanks,
Anthony