[Zope-dev] ZCatalogs with SearchIndexes in ZODB - how to fix?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:43:29 +0000 (UTC)

Matthew T. Kromer <matt@zope.com> wrote:
> Well, the *sneaky* way to do it would be a funky one-time mod to the
> object's __setstate__ method -- but I caution against excessive
> sneakiness as potentially very frustrating to get right.

Which makes me think...

I don't find right now were was the thread that lead to this change:
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/lib/python/Persistence/cPersistence.c.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10

But doesn't that mean that if an object is changed during its
__setstate__ but not after, those changes won't get persisted (because
just after __setstate__ the object reverts to UPTODATE) ?

Florent