[Zope-dev] Refresh trashes acquisition

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:54:44 +0300

Gary Speer wrote:

 > I strongly encourage you to switch to the zope@zope.org

Why?

 > as this one is dedicated to next-generation product enhancement as
 > opposed to peer user assistance.

Reason rejected... Question was technical and was dedicated to zope-dev
list.

 > The approach you are taking seems a bit convoluted and I, for one, do
 > not understand the business/project objectives reason to construct the
 > objects as you do and create the acquisition cvhallenge you hope to=20
solve.

Of course there are questions of software design and questions of
implementation. There is probability that design is not perfect but
technical question remains. Even with poor (Ross, note, I do not tell
that it is now)design there should not be technical problem with
implementation.

 >   Perhaps you can elaborate on the goal you hope to accomplish so
 > others can suggest the better tools and object containment structure
 > to use.  It seems earlier design decisions have taken you to solving
 > issues that might not exist with an alternative,
 > more-naturally-zope-like approach.

As the question appears they should be solved and Ross asked community
to help.

m.

P.S. It is really interesting what X-Spam-Status this message will get
;) the one of Gary had 3.2 :) Maybe there is a sense to lower threshold
from 5.0 to 3.0 ;)
--=20
Myroslav Opyr
zope.net.ua <http://zope.net.ua/> =B0 Ukrainian Zope Hosting