[Zope-dev] Refresh makes all imported modules = None

William Trenker wtrenker@shaw.ca
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:57:55 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_drDE5zqe+RnhXpfM68GwFQ)

At 09:36 AM 6/3/02 -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>Are you working with products that use the old style [of product
>initialization]?  Are they still around? ;-)

I'm developing a Zope Database Adapter (DA) for the SQLite
(http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite) embedded database.  Although a DA isn't a
Product in the usual sense, the front-end is registered like a product and
has a Management interface.

I've noticed that existing DA's that I'm studying for reference, including
DCOracle2, don't use the "new" method of Product initialization /
registration.  Are DA's considered "monkey patch" products?  Is it possible
to use the Refresh feature during development of a DA?

Thanks,
Bill
http://pysqlite.sourceforge.net

"The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The
commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life . . . For this is
the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are
not burdensome." (Psalm 19:8, 1John
5:3)    <http://torahteacher.com/>torahteacher.com

--Boundary_(ID_drDE5zqe+RnhXpfM68GwFQ)

---